Monday 23 April 2012

Who’s behind this blog?


The online universe is a strange one, isn’t it? We read articles, watch videos and listen to music without really knowing who’s behind them, although we feel an affinity with these works and consequently, with their creators, who enter our lives and influence us. Have you ever asked yourself whether you would find these people equally interesting in real life? Whether you’d be friends?

Since you’re reading my blog, I suppose you’re curious to find out more about me. Here are a few tidbits about my life. Nothing too exciting though.

-       Being half Belgian, I love chocolate. Belgian chocolate of course. Nothing beats authentic Belgian pralines with creamy fillings.
-       I have my dumb blonde moments. An example: I didn’t realise an unfertilised egg can’t produce a chick.
-       Ironing is my worst nightmare. In the past six years I’ve broken five irons, including an expensive semi-professional steam iron. I’m allergic to them. They slip out of my hand.
-       I’m very interested in the “paranormal” and the “unexplained” – ghosts, NDEs, OBEs... You’re allowed to think I’m a weirdo.
-       The word “sports” is unknown to me. Unless shopping can be considered a sport.
-       I love chick flicks (how can anyone resist “The Notebook”?) and Jennifer Aniston is my girl crush.
-       I love bargain hunting: a 5-euro T-shirt can make my day.
-       On Friday evenings I can’t resist a glass of prosecco. And to end my meal I need either a coffee or a sip of Gozitan limoncello. Or both.
-       I like watching TLC and E! Entertainment.
-       I smile at total strangers.
-       Adoro l’Italia, ma mi pare di averlo già detto, o sbaglio?

I could post a picture of myself. I could show you the outfit I’m wearing (it’s so boring you wouldn’t even want to see it). I could attempt to describe my personality. Still, I think the best way to get a glimpse of a person’s true self is to find out these silly details. Little facts, stralci di vita vissuta, for you to form your own opinion of me…

1 comment:

  1. Dear Amy

    Very funny description! Love your humor!
    Just love you!
    I'm getting addicted to your blog!
    Please continue...

    ReplyDelete