Saturday 26 May 2012

The Eurovision extravaganza


Sorry for the lack of blog posts this past week. French text overload. And I don't particularly like French, so let’s just say this was not the best week ever. But I’m making up for it. You can expect a few more blog posts in the next few days! I’m still undecided whether or not to post videos. We’ll see…

Tonight is the highlight of my week: the Eurovision Song Contest. Before you judge me, I’m not a fan of Europop trash, but I love the sense of unity that comes with this ridiculous yearly event. I don’t want to make this a political post. I am aware of the controversy surrounding this year’s edition: dog killings, expropriations, demolitions. A horrible price to pay for three nights of musical mush. Nevertheless, I enjoy how this contest brings people together. Especially here on the rock. We know we’re never going to win, yet we all keep hoping. We watch documentaries and talk shows on the singers, we buy flags just in case, we sing, we dance, we discuss how and where the stage would be set up if we were to win. That’s Malta for you: we love and support anything Maltese. So tonight, vote for Malta. Next year’s edition might be held on a floating stage in the middle of the Mediterranean. Cool or what?
 

Narakhom
ada (see you tomorrow)!

No comments:

Post a Comment