Wednesday 18 April 2012

Peekaboo! Malta - part 1.


Since I love photography, I want to treat you to the occasional photo post, aptly called Peekaboo! I can’t afford a professional camera for the time being, so you’ll have to forgive me for the quality of my shots, courtesy of my very old Fujifilm Finepix camera.

There are things that words cannot describe. My love for the rock is one of those things. Its colours, its history, its oddities. A few random shots. Indulge in the beauty of this tiny little gem in the Mediterranean!

Azure Window Gozo

The Mediterranean. Crystal-clear, hypnotising waters. Never knew this shade of blue even existed. This photo was shot in Gozo, near the Azure Window.
Imnarja

The Imnarja folk festival in Buskett, celebrated every year on 29th June (which happens to be my birthday). Farmers displaying the best our arid rock has to offer. And believe me, there’s more to it than prickly pears and oranges!
Grand Harbour Valletta

Grand Harbour, as seen from Valletta. It doesn’t get any more grand than this.
Dingli Cliffs

View from the Dingli Cliffs. This always reminds me of a nativity scene. Even in summer. One word: mesmerising.
private room Valletta

Don’t ask. Valletta has its charming little shops, old houses and remnants of an era gone by. If you know what this used to be, let me know in the comments please. Is it what I think it is?
Zurrieq

On your way to the Blue Grotto in Zurrieq there’s always something to discover… How can this even be real? It looks like heaven on earth. It is heaven on earth.

Thirsty for more? Don't worry, there will be a new Peekaboo! very soon.

2 comments:

  1. Stop it! Stop it! I can't take it any more! LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valletta is a Gem. Malta can rival any country when it comes to History and architecture.

    ReplyDelete